Sunday, October 2, 2011

School BBQ

Septeber 24, 2011


Today was our school BBQ. It was like no school BBQ I have ever been to with a mix of western and Taiwanese food on tables indoors (probably because it’s too hot to eat outside). But, it was good because I got to meet and eat with parents in a more casual setting where you talk about what they like to do or what types of vacations they have gone on in the past. The other cool thing as that there were local artisans set up in classrooms not only showing of their craft or skill but also teaching people how to do it too. I think the biggest hit was the sculpting room. He showed everyone how to make angry bird pencil toppers. It was pretty awesome and I am sure it will be a great distraction in the weeks to come.



Well that was pretty much my day besides grading, sleeping and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment