Sunday, October 2, 2011

Party, party, party...

September 25, 2011
We did a combined birthday party today. It was low key, and simple but great. It’s definitely the life of a missionary, when you have a birthday party for 5 people and one cake. We played organized games like your basic cake walk with no prizes and soccer, socialized, and watched the kids play basketball. I still can’t decide whether the men being more competitive at the cakewalk than the kids or our ELL teacher Christel sharing her birthday party with 4 kids under 4 and having to play the games with them was more entertaining. Then I went home to do some more grading and meet Danielle, my cleaning lady.

2 comments:

  1. I love cake walks! We had them at church when i was little all the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I know right? So simple and yet so much fun. Especially when you have the dads take a turn. It was like a wrestling match and the kids loved watching it.

    ReplyDelete