Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another day in the life...

September 23. 2011
This week has been another great week. True my class wanted to talk ALL week but we spent a lot of time practicing being quiet. Sunday I drove (without a license) for the second time but for the first in town and was excited that I could find my way around. Monday I successfully navigated Christy to the local Thai place for dinner and ordered it with no cabbage in it!!! It was awesome being able to communicate-although it did take some effort. Thursday we went to this great place called Howdy’s. It’s this burger joint that had huge burgers, fries, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, and shakes. So great and their menu was hysterical. I’ll post pictures to prove it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! These kind of outings build such confidence. I remember my time in Spain, and especially France where I didn't speak the language, not driving ;) but getting around, shopping and eating. Thanks for sharing! - Jess (Kyle's wife :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    Thanks for the encouragement. It has been tough at times but so much fun. You are right, it is building confidence. Plus I know that I will be GREAT at charades by the summer ;)

    ReplyDelete