Sunday, December 18, 2011

Never say never

October 17, 2011


When I was younger there was a song that was a hit on the radio about summer. One of the lines was “Chinese food makes me sick”. This was my favorite part of the song because I hated Chinese food and the smell of it really did make me feel sick. For some reason this song has been on my mind today. I am not sure why but it has really gotten me thinking.
           Back when we were younger, I would sing my favorite part (Chinese food makes me sick) at the top of my lungs. My sister would tease me and tell me that it would be funny if I moved to China and had to eat Chinese food. I used to respond with no way, I could NEVER do that because I wouldn’t have anything to eat. She would respond with “What if God sent you?” my response being “I hope he doesn’t.”
         Guess He has a sense of humor because here I am living in Taiwan and eating “Chinese” food on my couch. The funny thing is that the food here is way better than any Chinese food you can get in the states and I am pretty sure that the smell of Chinese food in the states would still make me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment